Two Ceramic Workshops are coming up in January 2022.
1. COLOURFUL JARS WITH LIDS
- For organizing small things with a personal touch. A jar to put your jewellery, a jar to put cookies, chocolates or to present nuts or olives on a table.
23/1/2022 Sunday, 10:00-17:00 with break for lunch which I will provide.
29/1/2022 Saturday, 9:30-12:30 painting our pieces before they get fired and glazed.
There are many possibilities of different shapes and colours to design your own unique jar. I will show and explain step by step an easy way for beginners and also more advanced ways. On Sunday we build and form the jars and the lids and on the following Saturday we give our pieces a colourful coating with engobes which have to be put on before the first firing. After the firing I will glaze them with shiny or matt transparent glaze, whatever you decided for each of your pieces, and then fire them a second time.
Get an idea from the photo gallery here.
2. MODELLING FACES
- A half day workshop!
30/1/2022 Sunday, 10:00-14:00
The subject of this workshop will be the human face. All levels are welcome. It is amazing how a lump of clay turns step by step into something almost alive….and it doesn’t matter how realistic nose, mouth, eyes are formed. They get their own life and expression anyway and turn into something very personal and unique.
We will use the local red clay and leave the fired pieces in terracotta colour.
Here you can see pieces from past Modelling Faces Workshops.
- All the necessary materials (clay, engobes, glazes etc) as well as the firing are provided.
- No previous knowledge in pottery is necessary.
- As soon as your objects are ready I will contact you so you can come and pick them up from my atelier.
- For any questions or registration call me at: 697 422 11 51 or write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.